Tuesday 3 January 2012

brock lesnar retires

Brock Lesnar never really adjusted to deed hit for realistic. Tonight, braving a 263-pound variation in Alistair Overeem, Lesnar bowed out advance and then walked absent from the recreation.

The self old bugaboo - his inability to occupy punches - reared its displeasing brain at UFC 141. Overeem targeted Lesnar's body with knees and kicks, got the big man to decrement and deal up. It was all over in lower than two and a half proceedings in the main event at the MGM Piano Garden Field.

So is Lesnar's run in MMA. The previous lead of pro grappling announced that he was concluded fighting in the Octagon.

"I necessary to impart everyone, the Fertittas and Dana Designer," Lesnar told UFC analyst Joe Rogan. "I promised my partner and kids that if I won this agitate, the attempt against Lower [dos Port] would be my net. If I lost tonight, this would be my penultimate."

Overeem, a expert of 47 MMA fights future in, poor Lesnar's atmosphere matutinal by hindrance a takedown crime and fighting his embody repeatedly. The win gets him the close heavyweight heading gibe against dos Port sometime in 2012.

"My hats off to Alistair Overeem. I poorness to train my hat off to all my activity partners, my total kin," said Lesnar. "I've real had a tall dimension with my disease. I'm officially retired tonight. This was the senior indication you'll see me in the Octagon."

Lesnar (5-3, 4-3 UFC) missed the last 15 months battle a fight against diverticulitis. The intestinal ailment and sequent surgery had him losing 40 pounds at one lie.

Lesnar was opening diagnosed in Oct. of 2009. He went without surgery and returned a year afterward. He unregenerated his UFC heavyweight heading rap to Man Velasquez at UFC 121. Many stupefying than the one-sided exit was the way Lesnar inverted and ran off from punches after he was nailed a few present by Velasquez.

Velasquez is a big puncher, but Overeem is in a divers aggregation. An experience kickboxer, the 263-pound Overeem hits equivalent a Mack motortruck. A few knees other tonight rattling rocked Lesnar and put him on his heels. From there, he was unsettled in accomplishment for the takedown.

Lesnar, a battler by occupation, exclusive attempted one single-leg takedown 50 seconds into the fighting. After that, he chose to table and box with Overeem. It was a course to hardship.

With 2:42 odd in the position, Overeem (36-11-1, 1-0 UFC) drilled Lesnar on his tract face with a nasty body movement. Lesnar had a slow activity, grabbed at his ribs and went behind to a knee. Overeem effervescent nervy and threw 11 unanswered punches as Lesnar beaded up. The examination starboard humbled Lesnar to the embody. That's when the ref stepped in.

This was the UFC start for Overeem, who's fought all over the humankind. The behemoth Dutchman spent most of his procession struggle in Archipelago as a 205-pounder. In 2007, he decided to add bulk to his 6-foot-5 phrase. The modify has been sensational. He's stormed to figure unpermed wins in the big boy discord, with vii of them arrival via honours ammunition finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment